I love n’oatmeal for a filling AIP breakfast. I can’t do eggs often, and I really don’t like having regular lunch/dinner type meals for breakfast. This recipe adds veggies to your breakfast with the cauliflower base, then sweetness from the apples and bananas, and protein from collagen powder. The best part of this version is the warm spicy fall flavored goodness!
Apple Spice N’Oatmeal
- 1 head cauliflower, destemmed and roughly cut into florets
- 2 apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 bananas, quartered
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mace
- 1/2 tsp clove
- 1/4 cup collagen powder
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Preaheat oven to 350F. Place the cauliflower in a baking dish large enough so it is in a thin layer (about 1/2-1"). Place sliced apples and bananas on top of the cauliflower rice.
- Drizzle melted coconut oil over the cauliflower, apples, and bananas and mix to coat. Then sprinkle cinnamon, mace, and clove over everything.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender.
- Transfer everything to a food processor, add in the coconut milk and collagen powder then pulse until you have a riced/oatmeal-like consistency.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, coconut flakes, fruit, and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.