This is AIP friendly, super easy instant pot mojo chicken is one of my favorite recipes! The chicken comes out tender and juicy, and doesn’t dry out when reheated so it’s a great batch cook meal.
You can use this chicken to make tacos (I use Siete foods tortillas) or you can make a great taco bowl with cauliflower rice.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- Juice from 4 oranges
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- Sprinkle of cumin (aip reintro, can be omitted)
- 1 Tsp salt
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tbsp parsley
- Sprinkle of black pepper (aip reintro, can be omitted)
- Bunch of fresh cilantro, chopped
- To make the mojo marinade, whisk orange juice, lime juice and avocado oil.
- Place all ingredients in an instant pot or slow cooker. I like to layer them and put the onions and garlic in first, the chicken placed on top, then pour in the marinade, then sprinkle the seasoning (except for the cilantro) on top.
- Cook in the instant pot on high pressure for 25 minutes, then natural release.
- Take the chicken out of the pot and shred. Pour the leftover sauce from the pot over the chicken (you don’t have to use all of the sauce, just enough so the chicken is covered).
- Mix fresh cilantro in with the chicken and serve.